Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Weblog for March 28th, 2006


Since last week...
Current mood: optimistic

Almost nothing of any sort of excitement has happened. I went to the movies this past weekend, but I can't even remember the name of the movie at the moment. I know it was by Spike Lee, and that Denzel Washington was it in. It was pretty good, and it definitely kept you going throughout.


I hate to say this past Sunday was a let down, but it kind of was. My mass buddy Laura got sick and we weren't able to go to St. Micheal's again. Thats the place with the way cool choir and Tridentine Latin Mass. So I decided just to go to the Cathedral again. Father Connor gave another awesome homily, and that was pretty much the highlight of my day. But I was still dissappointed in missing the Latin mass. Its just too awesome.

The Sopranos was excellent though. This final season is really a cut above the rest. There is so much going on, but its still simple enough that you don't get lost in all the details.

The weather outside is getting great too. I can't wait to take my walk today. Nice weather makes it so much easier to get out. Admittedly, I've been having a motivation problem with my walking. This is really because its been so cold and depressing outside. But today and yesterday are different. The sun is out, there are buds on the trees, and the birds are coming back. Life is returning.

I bought Rachmaninoff's Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostem. If you like choral music, and need something to read by, meditate by, or put on in the background - go and buy this CD. The edition I got was by the Kings College group. Its amazing! I've been doing my reading by it since I got it. I am looking forward to reading again by it tonight too...

which brings me to the fact that I just finished a book, and started another one. The one I finished was called "God is Near Us" by the Pope. I really liked the last chapter, where he discussed whether or not heaven will be boring. Hrm, thats an interesting concept. I've thought about that too. He suggests we consider it not as being a temporal realm, with moments occuring one after another, but yet as eternally living in the "now". Obviouvlsy, its deeper than that...which is why he wrote a whole chapter for it.

The book I started is called St. Francis of Assisi, by G.K. Chesterton. Now I started another book by Chesterton months ago called "Orthodoxy", which is his classic. I couldn't continue with that because it was pretty heavy, and I wasn't used to his style. But St. Francis is filled with history, and the writing is much easier to pick up on. I gotta say though, there is a reason why Chesterton is considered one of the best writers of the 20th Century. His writing really makes you feel like you are a part of the subject he's writing. He's extremely engaging. While he was a Catholic, the book is admittedly for anyone who wants to hear about the man (Francis) who probably did more to bring about the Renaissance than any person alive at the time. Seriously, St. Francis was the man. But I digress...

I guess I lied at the beginning when I said not much happened, or even that I didn't have much to talk about (which I implied). If you made it this far, then no doubt you are awesome. And awesomeness is to be rewarded. Your reward is that you get to leave a comment on my blog or profile today.

Comment below. Have a great day!

Currently reading:
Saint Francis of Assisi
By G.K. Chesterton
Release date: By 17 November, 1987

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton