Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Baronius is "douay" to go...

I couldn't resist the horrible pun. I'm sorry. However, for those who care to know, I have come to a decision on which missal to purchase and decided to add other items as well to my collection...


Baronius wins. I found a copy for 25% off at All Catholic Books, which for those of you unfamiliar with the online store, should really check them out. Their site is nothing special - just a shopping cart with a mailing list attached. But they have nearly every orthodox book you could ever want. Seriously, check them out.





I added to my purchase a flexible-cover of the Douay-Rheims version of the Bible. This one was also available at 25% off, so I had to jump at the chance. I already have a Confraternity New Testament (1958) version I bought at a used book store, but I wanted the entire DR Bible.


Finally, I picked up a discount copy of Scott Hahn's Lord, Have Mercy. I seriously recommend these sellers (this is not a paid endorsement!), so check them out.

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton