Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Casey Encounter, and the fight for life in Missouri continues...

I'd be lapse in my duties if I did not report my enounter tonight at dinner.

Today a friend contacted me and asked if I was interested in going to this place in Scranton. They have jazz music on Tuesdays so it is a good night to go. When I got there the place was packed. I came in and sat down, where my friends informed me Bob Casey Jr. was upstairs eating dinner and that is why it was so crowded.

Eventually he came downstairs and shook some hands. He's a bit taller than I thought. I'm assuming thats why he doesn't seem very smart - as it the atmosphere is much thinner up there.

My understanding is that NARAL and Planned Parenthood support him. Sad. Even more sad because there's a good chance he's going to win. Rick Santorum has been a good ally for life and Catholic values. Perhaps he'll be a good one even if he loses. He still carries a lot of weight in the party, and could be just an unfortunate victim of the times.

In somewhat related news: Jim Caviezal, Kurt Warner, Jeff Suppan, and Mike Sweeney have come out fighting for life:





They are responding to this:




The Catholic world has been working to educate Missourians not to allow this constitutional amendment thing to pass. They have an uphill battle, but perhaps with the help of all those celebrities it'll give them a little boost. Note: Caviezal, Suppan, and Sweeney have all appeared on EWTN several times. They are true Catholic heroes here.

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton