Monday, October 23, 2006

Comments and 1 Peter 3:15

My recent post about the Witnesses has taken on quite a bit of traffic. One reader left an extraordinarily long reply. Of course few Catholic/Christians would actually agree with any of it.

However, in all fairness, I have scoured the internet looking for anyone besides a Witness who truly believes in all scholarship and intellectual honesty that the NWT is the best and most accurate translation of the Bible in English.

This is the list I compiled:




Exactly.

You'd think that if any legitimate non-JW scholar even considered it more than a paper-weight it would have been within the first 10 pages of Google links. (Google: "New World Translation" and legitimate) However Protestant and Catholic scholars alike roundly recognize each others efforts and even work together for accuracy. I'm not trying to play down disagreements, which do exist...but still...

However this has made me realize that the enemies of Catholicism and wider Christianity are everywhere, even hiding amongst those who use the same scriptures we do. As Peter writes in his epistle: Always be prepared to give an answer.1 Peter 3:15

So I'll spend some time researching these sectarian movements in order to provide these answers when they knock on my door. But not here, unless someone knowks down the door of this blog.

This blog is my personal place for expressing myself. I am not interested in comment wars. If you've got a comment, you can make it, I welcome them. I love getting comments, but not getting flamed. I also welcome other perspectives in my comments. This helps with my "No Spin" motto. Ironically, I'm turning off comments for this post. :-)


I did find one interesting link today - Its a website created by ex-JWs who converted to the Catholic Church.

The Fellowship of Catholic Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses.

I have given this way too much time already. Its back to real life now.
"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton