Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Overheard in the post office...

You might have noticed the lack of regular posts since Friday or so. Its because I have been seriously busy preparing for what is the busiest part of the year for work. The busy-ness involved a lot of travelling and early mornings. Not much time for blogging. But I wanted to at least leave this here for you today and it might make some of ya'll laugh.

Today while in the Post Office in Williamsport, after a seminar, while standing in line at the stamp machine...

There was a small group of african-american teenage girls in line for sending packages. They were yakking it up and having a good old time, when a clergyman walked in. He was wearing a Roman collar.

One of the girls asked, "What are you Amish?"
He replied boastfully, "No, the Amish are pacifists, Lutherans are not! I'm Lutheran!"


I would have laughed at the sheer ridiculousness of asking a man in Roman collar if he was Amish. But his comment left me unable to laugh or speak. Enjoy the feeling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Lutherans!

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton