Thursday, November 16, 2006

Interesting Choice of Words...

From Drudge, regarding O.J.'s 'confession' interview: (emphasis mine)

Publisher Judith Regan: 'I made the decision to publish this book, and to sit face to face with the killer, because I wanted him, and the men who broke my heart and your hearts, to tell the truth, to confess their sins, to do penance and to amend their lives'...


Any well-catechized and orthodox Catholic will immediately recognize these words as the closing to the Act of Contrition. Interesting...very interesting....

For those that don't know...here is the Act...
Oh my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended thee, and I detest all my sins, because I fear the pains of hell but most of all because I have offended thee my God, who are all good and deserving of my love. I firmly resolve to confess my sins, do penance, and amend my life.
Amen.

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton