Thursday, December 07, 2006

A "Regular" Sunday Mass.

This coming weekend I'll be traveling, but I found a different parish to go to than my regular St. Agnes in West Chester. My last experience there was pleasant since they were beginning a 40-hour devotion with incense, Tantum Ergo, and the whole nine yards. Although, that is the only time its been anything other than, well...I'll be charitable here and just move on.

I called another parish in the area which I found on the Ecclesia Dei website, which lists all Tridentine Latin Masses in the country with their times etc. However this weekend I'm going to be taking a friend so I wanted to call and find out some more information. This is the telephone conversation I had with the lady on the other end:

Lady: Good morning, St. Patrick's/St. Vincents(?)
Me: Hello, I'm going to be traveling to the area this weekend and I found your parish on the Ecclesia Dei website. I was wondering if this weekend you will be offering the Tridentine Mass?
Lady: Yes, they offer it on Sunday mornings at 10am. They'll also be having it on Friday night for the Holy Day.
Me: Well, I'll only be there to come and visit Sunday morning. Do you know if it will be a Solemn High Mass or a Low Mass?
Lady: I think its just a regular Sunday Mass.
Me: Ok, but you don't know if its Solemn High Mass or Low Mass?
Lady: Its a regular Sunday Mass. (tone slightly sharpened)
Me: Alright, thanks!
-End-

No offense, but I sure hope its not just a "Regular" Sunday Mass.

It seems the parish is connected with another and she had no idea what I was talking about. Sad really, but I'm still going and hopefully bringing company with me - Low or High.

1 comment:

Moonshadow said...

Aren't they usually "low"?

That's been my (limited?) experience.

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton