Thursday, March 08, 2007

About those dispensations...

Bishop Martino of this diocese has upped the ante a bit regarding dispensations. Its kind of nice to see a little discipline going around these days. This came in my inbox today:


Requests for Dispensation from the Friday Regulations of Fast and Abstinence
Those who ask to eat meat on the Friday of Lent which precedes St. Patrick’s Day are asked to perform the following work of prayer in place of abstinence from meat:

The offering of one decade of the Rosary for the intentions of Bishop Martino regarding the successful reorganization of Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Scranton.

In addition, Bishop Martino has requested that next year all St. Patrick’s Day dinners that will involve meat be scheduled on a day other than a Friday in Lent, in order to respect the obligation of every Catholic 14 years of age and older to abstain from meat on the Fridays of Lent.

After the crazy images on television a little while back of parents acting like children and carrying on and screaming its nice to know a grown up is in charge in Scranton.

1 comment:

David Stefanini said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.info

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton