Friday, March 23, 2007

JM#1: Mary's Yes

The Annunciation (Celebrated March 25th)
And Mary said: Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done to me according to thy word.


The Annunciation is actually my favorite mystery of the Rosary. It is taken right from scripture so its easy to put it into context.
(Luke 1:28 - 40)

It is clear to see by Mary's example that God chooses some in a specific manner to complete his work. God could have just *poof* redeemed us but instead he chose a poor yet to be wed virgin for her consent and help with the task. He gave her and never took away her free will to say no to her God. But Mary did not say no, even being unaware of the hardships that would ensue.

When we follow God's will and say yes to him as Mary did, we don't always or ever for that matter know whats going to come next. Some of the most holy, selfless, and God fearing people have suffered the most. Some don't suffer nearly as much. Yet all experience profound joy when they give their "yes" to God without expecting anything in return.

My "Yes" to enter the church is by no means as huge as Mary's. However I relate to this mystery the most right now because my entering the Church has taken a great deal of faith on my part. 5 years ago if you told me I'd be where I'm at now, I never would have believed you. But when I asked God to show me the way to the right Church, there it was, and I couldn't refuse.


Information on the Annunciation

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton