Thursday, April 12, 2007

Giant ball with gears in the middle?

What the heck is that thing? I'm talking about the big ball with gears inside of it in the middle of the courtyard. Ever since I saw its driven me up the wall wondering what in the world it was supposed to be.

Either myself or my father (can't remember) took these pictures from inside the walls of the Vatican in 2000. I found these pictures while looking through some archived files on my computer. I have several more that I'll post up once enough people get a chance to see these two. I have a closer shot that I cannot find as well.

On this day we were actually on our way around the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museums, both of which are a must for anyone who lives on the planet - if and when they ever get to visit Rome, which I was blessed with doing.

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton