Monday, April 02, 2007

LM#5: Who's leaving the tip?



The Last Supper
1Cor 11
24 And giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye, and eat: this is my body, which shall be delivered for you: this do for the commemoration of me.

I always think of the Mass at this mystery. I wonder what Christ's disciples were thinking when sitting at the table with him. But mostly I think of the Mass and how we are to understand the bread and wine today.

About the famous painting:
I actually saw the Last Supper in Milan when I was there. It was a real treat to do. We had to walk through all these sealed airlocks to get in. I think there were 3 different compartmentalized chambers. But guess how you get out? The gift shop. No sealed and timed compartments to get out, just a gift shop exit. Nice.

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton