Thursday, April 19, 2007

The "What I'm reading" Meme.

Chris from Calling Rome Home has tagged me for a "What I'm reading" meme. I will indulge. At the moment I am reading several titles because I have ADD when it comes to books.

  • Story of a Soul: The Autobiography of St. Therese of Liseux
  • Life of Christ - Fulton J. Sheen
  • Lord Have Mercy - Scott Hahn (still)
  • Hail Holy Queen - Scott Hahn
I'm about halfway through Hail Holy Queen, which is about the typology of Mary in the Bible (the "Mother of God in the Word of God") and its fascinating. Lord Have Mercy only has one more chapter left in it for me. I'm only a few pages into the Story of a Soul but so far its already a keeper.

The Life of Christ by Fulton Sheen is probably the most engrossing and thorough explanations and devotions to Our Lord. I recommend it to anyone who wants to get a deeper and richer sense of Christ's place in our lives and creation. I think it would even be good for protestants too. I'm a few chapters into that one. Its a slow read because oftentimes I find myself re-reading passages to more firmly grasp what its saying. You could easily use this book for meditative prayer any day. Go get this book.


Hrm, who shall I tag? I think I'll tag Joel from the Breastplate of St. Patrick - a fellow convert!

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton