Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ascension with Johnny Palestrina

While the rest of the Catholic blogosphere is buzzing with the "imminent" release of the famous motu proprio of B16, I'm not going to engage the hype. Rather, I want to wish all of my Christian friends a happy Ascension Thursday even if you aren't a Catholic.

I also thought some of my more musically minded readers would be interested to know that our choir tonight will be singing Palestrina's Missa O'Rex Gloriae, with a few additions here and there. Of course the propers will all come out of the Liber Usualias as usual.

Would we be so lucky that in 10 years this sort of musical expression is commonplace. I hope that whatever your parish does tonight musically is a helper and not a hinder to your worship.

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton