Saturday, September 08, 2007

40 Hours Devotion

I've been spending the last two nights at the Cathedral for the 40 hours devotion with Fr. Mitch Pacwa as the guest speaker. It has been fantastic. I also met both of our Bishops and had a great little (tiny) conversation with Bishop Martino. He was very interested and animated especially since I told him I was a convert. His Excellency wanted to know where I was from and what denomination I came from. His demeanor and graciousness were extremely edifying.

Last year I went and blogged a much longer post. Fr. Benedict Groeschel was the speaker then and talked a lot about reform. Fr. Pacwa is mainly talking about scripture, Our Lady, and Our Lord in the Eucharist. I picked up one of his books too because it fits with a conversation I was having the other night - "Catholics and the New Age" which discusses how we as Catholics need to handle (reject) New Age religions and philosophy. Couldn't have come at a better time!

1 comment:

Moonshadow said...

More folks should meet their bishop, just to share that same experience of gracious interest that can be so edifying.

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton