Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Update Roundup

Its almost two weeks since my last post which is I think my longest absence of recent memory. I just haven't felt much like typing. For some reason I have been absolutely wiped (tired) most days. But here's a rundown, in no particular order:

- I've learned that there are two parishes in my (relative) area offering the TLM since Sept. 14th. One of which I've been asked to play the organ at. They were not publicized as far as I know but apparently both congregations and priests really wanted to begin using the classical mass. Huzzah. It seems like the spreading of TLM is really going to happen.

- On Sunday I was in a conversation with several people in which one of them was called a heretic and was declared going to hell (to their face). Never experienced that before. It really kind of shocked me. The person was visibly upset. Maybe I'll write a little something on it, removing names and identities of course. But maybe I won't. We'll see where prudence leads me.

- Yesterday I attended my first Yankees game at the Stadium since I was a little kid. They lost but it was such a nice day and we had a great time.

- In October I will begin playing the organ at a local Ordinary use parish. Now if I could only get a gig singing at an Eastern Catholic liturgy I'd have my hands in all three jars.

- I was enrolled in the Brown Scapular.

- Helped friends Tim and Tracy move. Helped friends Tim and Tracy work towards opening their own business.

1 comment:

Moonshadow said...

I set up a season pass for the EWTN program you recommended, Memoirs of St. Peter: Mark's Gospel, and watched the first episode, covering chapters 1 & 2, last Thursday. It was a good review of the material.

I appreciate a biblical expounder who spends at least half his words on (literally) reading The word, reading the gospel aloud.

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton