Tuesday, October 02, 2007

On Baronius Press

I have for a while now had a little link to Baronius Press on the right side of my blog. There is a reason for that - they publish awesome books. They did something awesome for September 14th again, but I neglected to mention it. Baronius Press. as many on the blogopshere have noted, announced the release of their edition of the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary. I have written on this before in anticipation (look in the archives) but now it is actually pre-ordered by yours truly.

One of the best things about the Baronius editions are their efforts to "update" the books. For instance my 1962 Missal includes the Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary among other things throughout. This actually works as to bridge the gap between the two forms of the liturgy. From what I understand the Little Office will also have features like this.

There was one suggestion I sent to them in an email - publish a leather softcover edition of the Liber Usualis. What a massive undertaking that would be. This blogger however would love to have one.

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton