Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ok, Mike. You win this round.

Here is Mike Huckabee's new Christmas spot that has been on TV the last few days. I've been watching the Republican candidates closely over the past couple months, trying to discern which one I like the best. At the starting gate I very much appreciated Fred Thompson's positions. Still do in fact. But Fred is lagging though nationally I suppose he is doing alright in some polls. Regardless, Mike Huckabee's latest ad did me in. And no, I don't care if it is a politically calculated move. I suppose it might be and if it is that doesn't mean it isn't genuine. What it does mean is we've got a brilliant politician. Huckabee's new add is like apple pie right out of the oven sprinkled with a little cinnamon. It is the exact opposite of Hillary, who, compared to food, would be like lukewarm undercooked asparagus with a bad aftertaste that wasn't properly washed and still had dirt and little rocks all over it. Yum.


Apple Pie Mike:





... and Southern Drawl Hillary...

1 comment:

Moonshadow said...

Her graceless port in this clip has the air of coming by religion too lately and Huckabee is at home, very sincere.

I take it as a healthy sign that, unlike Bush, Huckabee struggled with capital punishment as governor. Huckabee doesn't fit the typical Republican profile and, 'though he isn't fully pro-life, it seems that God is at work on his heart.

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton