Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Matins came today.

I received my very own copy of Matins from the Monastic Breviary today. This completes my Divine Office according to the Rule of St. Benedict. Huzzah! I got it from an Anglo-Catholic (Actually, western rite Orthodox...) publisher Lancelot Andrewes Press so it uses the Coverdale Psalter and scripture from the Authorized Version of the Bible with some elements of the Book of Common Prayer. Does any of that bother me? Nope. In fact, I believe this is along the lines of what the Anglican Use (um) uses, which is fully approved.

Its really a very nice book. The cover is beautiful. I took pictures (as always with a new tome!) but my camera cable has removed itself from my sight so as soon as I find it I will post them. For now, visit http://www.andrewespress.com/.

The price btw, set at $45 US is perfect.

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton