Thursday, May 29, 2008

Galations 6:2

Galations 6:2
(Vulgate)
alter alterius onera portate et sic adimplebitis legem Christi

(DRBO)
Bear ye one another's burdens; and so you shall fulfill the law of Christ.


I come across this verse of scripture every feria day of the year as the Chapter at the hour of Sext. (noon time or thereabouts) I love it. What a great reminder when someone asks us for help and we don't feel like moving an inch for their sake. Or perhaps we know someone who needs monetary assistance but we want some new toy to occupy our free time. Another thing this verse reminds me of is the fact that Christ did mean to establish a law which includes more than faith that he is who he says he is. (cf. the entire Epistle of James) It makes me remember that just going to Church every week does not fullfill my obligations as a Christian but the things I do throughout are necessary as well.

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton