Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bonus at Mass this morning.

Ok, so it wasn’t OUR Bishop this morning but the priest’s personal bishop…from India.  Still it was really nice to have Mass with a bishop.  There were probably 50% more people there, including some nuns.  They are the Caphuchin Sister’s of Nazareth.  Fr. Finelli (iPadre of SQPN fame) features them on his Video and Audio podcasts from time to time. 

 

I love nuns.  I don’t know any very well but I love being around them.  I counted 7 in total.  Radiant even when not smiling, their beauty captivates even the coldest of hearts.  Personally, I think among nuns some of the most beautiful women in the world exist.  If you’ve ever been around a joyous happy nun then you know what I’m talking about.  I wasn’t able to go but after mass they invited the congregation back to their convent for a tour.  Wish I could have gone!  It was an extra surprise to see them at mass.  Yet another grace perhaps?

2 comments:

lvschant said...

I think that radiant joy that is so visible in the faces of so many nuns is a testimony in itself. In my hometown there is a Poor Clare monastery, where around 25 cloistered nuns live and pray and work. My mother volunteers to drive them to such things as doctor's appointments, etc. and has gotten to know several of them over the years...

The joy they exude (as well as the wealth of vocations to the monastery) is a great blessing to all who encounter them. It is a wonderful thing to attend morning Mass with them (they are on the other side of the grille, of course) and hear their beautiful chants.

Matt said...

I know these nuns chant the Office. Not sure about the Mass but either way I don't believe they allow visitors to attend.

I really want the experience though of chanting the Office with Monks/Nuns. There is a retreat I may attend in August where I may get the chance. We'll see though...

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton