Thursday, August 28, 2008

Feast of My Patron, St. Augustine

Upon my confirmation last year I took St. Augustine as my patron. His "Confessions" was the first Catholic book I read and so picking him became a natural choice. This was also appropriate considering much of my conversion was an intellectual pursuit. Anyway, I celebrate this on my blog and invite my readers to join me in praying for his intercession:

Today's Collect:

O almighty God, hearken to our supplications, and by the intercession of blessed Augustine, thy Confessor and Bishop, graciously grant the effect of Thy wonted mercy to those who hope in Thy loving kindness. Through our Lord Jesus Christ your Son, who lives and reigns with you in unity with the Holy Spirit, until the ages of ages. Amen



The Baptism of St. Augustine

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton