Monday, September 08, 2008

Strange but good day.

So far, my imaginary Sarah Palin interview has received zero, nada, coverage in the blogosphere. I'm only a little hurt by that, but no worries.

Other than that its been a strange day with both ups and downs. Last night we had a major crisis here at the home office regarding our business and it looked like the road to recovery was going to be, although entirely possible, nightmarishly rough. I decided not to let it get to me and by 11 am this morning the problem was solved. In fact the solution was nearly instant and almost miraculous. And yes, of course I did a lot of praying. I even made sure I got to daily Mass this morning and said Lauds with extra-reverence! Once it was solved I prayed a Te Deum.

Yeah, it was that rough. Hopefully it won't happen again.

At Mass today, since it was the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the priest had us sing "Happy Birthday" to Our Lady at the end. I have never sung Happy Birthday at Mass before and I hope I never have to again. It was difficult to keep from laughing. I managed to squeak out a few notes however...you know itwas really harmless, and kind of nice in a way, for real...but I digress...

Then what should appear in the mail but a very unexpected and great birthday gift from fellow blogger Moonshadow! A Nestle-Aland Novum Testamente Latine and the Navarre Bible Revelation commentary. They will be used, and used well.

The Latin New Testament is from the New Vulgate published by Pope John Paul II and contains notes in it to show you where the previous Vulgate versions differed, which makes it very interesting and useful. I think most people, in most cases, would barely be able to tell the difference between the two. There are some differences though, and mainly they have to do with scholarship of the underlying text. The Church is not frozen in time however, and neither is the Vulgate. I am very grateful to now own a copy of the official NT text of the Catholic Church. This edition even has a flexible cover and contains the almost obligtory Bible maps of Palestine during Christ's time. Its great.

I have to go away this weekend and I looked around for Mass times and found 2 Latin Masses. One is Ordinary Form, the other a standard TLM. What are the chances of that? I've chosen the Ordinary Form Latin Mass because I've never been to one and I would like to see what it is like. Once I get back you'll get my experience. I am also planning on visiting a very large basilica this weekend...maybe two of them...pictures may be posted...so check back next week.

And the day continued one thing after the next. We have just started an eBay business and have had the same person buy the same item now 3 times in a row. Its not something you exactly need three of lets just say...and another order came in this evening...

We should thank God for our interesting lives, good and bad.

Benedicamus Domino
Deo Gratias.

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton