Thursday, October 30, 2008

Music to my ears.

I'm sitting outside the seminars where I peddle my wares while on the road and over the speakers at the conference center they are playing the musak-piano version of "Holy God We Praise Thy Name." Its actually refreshing to hear. Just that one song brings me back mentally to the foot of the altar while I'm out here traveling. Ah...such is the power of music.

For the past hour they have been playing these piano hymns. The conference center has a gift shop with quasi-religious items and such. A lot of faux-amish and menonite books and gifts.

As I type the song has changed to "Sweet Hour of Prayer". I'll never forget the time I played this at the Baptist Church where I was organist for a few years and a woman commented afterwards, "You played that so fast. It was more like Sweet MINUTE of Prayer!"

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton