Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Confraternity Pocket Bible - Accordian Edition

What, you mean you’ve never heard of it? Neither had I until just a little bit ago.

This morning I was being careless when getting around and I accidently dropped my Confraternity Pocket Bible in a sink full of water. I was trying to put it on the counter but did more of a “toss” than a “put” and next thing I knew…SPLASH! Like I said, it was a careless mistake. I set it out to dry next to one of our heaters which was set to low. I figured if I dried it too quick it would be just as bad as if I just left to get moldy. Now it sits under three of my heaviest books: The Haydock Douay, Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance, and the History of Polyphonic Notation 900-1600 A.D. in an attempt to nurture it back to size. It was only $7 so if I have to get a new one then so be it.

And to think, I just saw in a discount store “The Waterproof Bible” and chuckled, thinking it was an incredibly stupid idea. Joke’s on me I guess!

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton