Tuesday, November 18, 2008

First Snow Today

It snowed here today, almost the entire day. This was my first snowfall of the year. We had one a few weeks ago but I was traveling.

It started last night. I took my dog outside on the porch and she got equally as excited. I gobbed up some of the snow into a ball and hit her with it (lightly). As usual I don't think she understood it wasn't a ball and began sniffing the ground for it.

This morning I woke up to covered cars and a whitened driveway. Today was flurries mostly but occasionally a squall here or there. The clouds darkened while it fell but within minutes the sun and blue sky would return, leaving an ever fresh coat of white on the ground.

Just enough to put one in the Christmas spirit a few weeks early. I'm sorry I couldn't take photos but my camera memory card seems to have disappeared.

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton