Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Begins

Christmas comes early for Matt. Earlier than for most I guess, because I have to leave to play Mass is just one hour. This year I will be playing the 4pm Vigil again and I can't wait.

This is the second year the C&E Catholics will be exposed to the Puer Natus and Ecce Nomen Domini chants. Last year the congregation really appreciated it but now that I've been there for over a year and have made chant a normalcy in the life of the parish music spectrum perhaps they will all expect it now. That's fine, all the better. Its not about what I'm doing anyway. I sing chant for many reasons but at the OF I mostly do it because it I figure it helps just about anyone pray better. For a lot of people Mass is the ONLY time they might pray during the week and so I do my best to facilitate that.

God bless everyone this Christmas!

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton