Thursday, February 05, 2009

HORRIFYING

Don't read this if you are sensitive...

I read this off the Drudge Report today, about a baby in Florida being born alive after a botched abortion and then tossed in a trash can. Here is the gist:

The complaint says one of the clinic owners, ... came in and cut the umbilical cord with scissors, then placed the baby in a plastic bag, and the bag in a trash can.

Williams' lawsuit offers a cruder account: She says ... knocked the baby off the recliner chair where she had given birth, onto the floor. The baby's umbilical cord was not clamped, allowing her to bleed out. ... scooped the baby, placenta and afterbirth into a red plastic biohazard bag and threw it out.


Read the full report here.


YES, this does happen. This is what Obama supported. He opposed the Infants Born Alive Protection Act, which would have protected this child.

4 comments:

Moonshadow said...

the Infants Born Alive Protection Act, which would have protected this child.

I'm not understanding ... the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act passed in 2002, according to Wiki. This baby had the protection of that legislation ... and it failed.

I could say more ... but that's the gist. What am I missing?

Matt said...

You are right, I mistyped. I knew the Born Alive etc Act was enacted, and honestly was in a hurry so I just sort of hit "Publish" without review. Normally I review ad nauseum. Thanks for finding my mistake. I will leave it up there as penance. After all, it is pre-lent now.

You are correct, the law SHOULD have protected this child. We could understand my text WOULD in a certain sense though...as saying this WOULD have protected the baby IF they WOULD have followed the law. ...

:-)

Moonshadow said...

I will leave it up there as penance.

That's up to you. I just took down a post from last month in which I called Amy Welborn a moron.

Matt said...

... Yes I read that one. :). I'll leave it up for a while, correct it or take it down.

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton