Friday, July 03, 2009

TAN Books - Fancy new Douay

Take a look at this:


TAN and St. Benedict Press are coming out with three versions of a new edition of the Douay-Rheims Bible. The print inside looks identical to every other edition out there, except that it has the words of Christ in red and color paintings.

I've see the St. Benedict Press NAB and in my opinion it is the nicest one on the market. They also have the only NAB with words of Christ in red. If the quality of their new Douay matches their NAB then this is going to be nice.

I've also been waiting for a paperbound Douay. I need one I can beat up.

2 comments:

Moonshadow said...

a paperbound Douay. I need one I can beat up.

Do you put clear contact paper on your paperbacks? I'm fastidious about covering a paperback before fingerprints so much as have a chance!

Matt said...

Actually, I never thought about it...thats a good idea.

Eventually the covers break down but I guess it doesn't hurt to slow down the process.

Thanks for the idea.

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton