Thursday, August 06, 2009

Legitimate Townhall Disputes

Have you seen the YouTube videos of town hall style meetings with angry people yelling at Democrats? Sure you have by now. Well the liberal media is after these regular people. They are saying that they are organized by right wing political groups and being called angry mobs, nazis, etc. This is all from the Saul Alinsky playbook.

Just a note. I'm on the team. I get the emails from conservative groups and the GOP when they are asking us to get out and do something. I have received NOTHING asking me to a townhall. NOTHING. Letter writing? Sure. From Pro-life groups? Letter writing, asking for donations.

But lets say there is some secret email list I'm not on. So what? These people are legit as long as:

  1. They live in the district of the elected official.
  2. They vote or are going to vote.
  3. They pay taxes.
  4. They aren't being paid to show up.

Who cares if they get an email with talking points. Do the libs expect people to show up to these townhalls, sit and be ignorant and accept everything the elected say? Hrm?

Sorry, media. I'm not buying it. And by the way. I have diabetes and no health insurance. My dad is getting over cancer and has no health insurance. We worked our tails off during his treatment to pay for it temporarily. We made it through. But I realize not everyone has the ability due to their occupation to make it like we did. However, even though we are "starving", I'm not eating the fetid pile of horse manure the government is forcing down our throats.

2 comments:

Moonshadow said...

A few years ago there was an administrative shake-up at my sons' private school, the corporation came in and fired the principal and some teachers. Tuition-paying parents were outraged and organized quickly around officers of the Parents Association. I received a single-page letter with our "demands" and was given information about a sit-down with corporate representatives.

My husband and I attended the sit-down and it was a shouting match from the get-go. These parents were furious and let it be known. I wrote the confrontation off as seasoned New Yorkers and New Jerseyans sticking up for their own interests.

But my husband and I were like, hey, let's be reasonable and talk ... shouting isn't in anybody's best interest. I mean, all these parents were professionals of one sort or another, making six figure salaries. They should know how to have a productive meeting.

I haven't seen the townhall meeting videos but I don't believe anyone can fabricate that sort of emotion. It has to be legitimate and sincere ... as well as unproductive.

And I'm sorry that you don't have health insurance ... I thank God with every explanation of benefits (EOB) that we do.

Matt said...

At some point, the shouting has to stop and the talking must begin. I agree the shouting's productiveness is limited if we are looking for a real solution. I don't agree with people when they say the system isn't messed up. The care is fine. The payment methods and prices are not.

For instance, my dad just got a $700 bill in the mail, which the insurance company paid. But they only paid $200 and "disallowed" $500 of the cost. If he didn't have insurance for that procedure there is no way he could have sent a $200 check and just said "sorry, not paying the rest. Have a nice life."

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton