Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Finally, a Catholic Bible Study

The other day I heard about a Catholic bible study starting up at a parish near mine. It begins tonight so I figured I will give it a try. The lady on the phone had almost no information about it, however I already heard the topic is the Gospel of John. But now my dilemma is: Which Bible should I take, not knowing the standard for the group? If I walk in with a Douay-Rheims they'll know I'm one of those. That could be fun...

But Ignatius Bible is probably safe bet, though. Plus I don't mind marking up my paperback.

1 comment:

SentimentalGent said...

Take the Douay-Rheims. Make a stand. Be an example. Annoy libbies. It makes life fun.

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton