Friday, October 23, 2009

They're here!


A couple first impressions...

It is in much better condition than I expected it to be. It is a hardcover but not like a standard hardcover book...feels more like the recent printings from Baronius Press. Its a leather cover on top of a semi-flexible board. I believe these are the ones advertised on paxbooks.com for almost $200.

...

If I saw this book in a store for $200 I would be in stitches. There are some things too ridiculous not to laugh. I mean, its not a terrible book at all. In fact it is rather nice. But it is not $200. Maybe they could get away with $40.

My other first impression is that this was printed as an template, rather than a beautiful liturgical book. (like old Breviaries) The insides are identical to the English Liturgy of the Hours in just about every way. But I'll show that in a later post.

I paid $35 for the volume pictured. I am very pleased.

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton