Friday, December 18, 2009

Corrections on RSV Reviews from St. Benedict Press


Lauren from St. Benedict Press sent me an email today asking me to correct some information I wrote on their new line of RSV Bibles. I have happily changed my previous review.

Here are the corrections:

I must request a retraction of your statement regarding our Genuine Leather covers. These are Genuine Leather – not Bonded Leather. They are purchased from Cromwell Leather Group and are complete, whole hides – not manufactured. We pride ourselves on selecting true leathers for our bibles.

Ok, so I will say it too: These are actual leather covers. They are not bonded leather. Bonded leather is like particle board. These are whole hides, as she said.

This next one isn't really a correction but the information is very nice to have:

I’d also like to mention that the glue we use in our bindings will not crack as many older glues have in the past. Our binderies use a glue that will stand the test of time and will not crack or allow pages to fall out. (I am told the only way pages from a book bound in this way could come out is if you physically ripped them out yourself.)

Thank you Lauren for the corrections. For my error, I will gladly don the Microsoft Office Clipart DUNCE HAT!

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton