Monday, May 03, 2010

Feeling Medieval Today

Today for whatever reason I'm feeling rather medieval. This happens every once in a while that I begin to pine for the days of kings, queens, chivalry, saints, and the modest peasant life. It usually culminates in my searching for a new album to buy.

Today I purchased a CD of medieval ballads.. It sounds a little modern and I don't understand French but it has quelled my desire to hear a medieval troubadour walk by my house with a lute.



When thinking about the middle ages I generally leave out the plagues, starvation, famine, and a host of other unseemly things. There is a place in history for that stuff, but its not in my imagination. This was the age of the Faith, Kingdoms, and incredible art.


2 comments:

becket said...

Matt listen to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d7lz822vHA

Jude said...

I try to feel medieval every day!

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton