Thursday, November 04, 2010

Breviary Progress

We really do appreciate them updating us.

From the Baronius Press website:

The excellent news is that the final corrections from the Censor have been received a few days ago. We anticipate that the implementation of the corrections and the finalising of the Breviary will take a couple of weeks.

After this, we will formally apply for the Concordat cum originali to be granted – the necessary approval that liturgical texts require in order to be used and also to ensure that the text is accurate. As soon as the permission is granted, the printing will commence.

We are very grateful for all the prayers and support we have received in order to complete this huge undertaking.

4 comments:

sekman said...

I was very happy to see the update. I hope we will soon have a release date. Hopefully January 1 or even better available for Christmas. I am curious as to what the price will be I'm going to guess around $300.

Matt said...

Of course, we really have no idea, but I think the $300 mark is going to be close.

This set is roughly going to be about the size of 3 of their '62 Missals. So that is $60 x 3 = $180. But I'm sure there is extra cost in this project. So we'll see.

sekman said...

$180 would be a great price, however, that seems a bit improbable. I have heard that the lulu breviary has been given to the FSSP for possible publishing.

Matt said...

Interesting. I'll ask them later today.

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton