Friday, October 05, 2012

Baronius to Release Knox Bible


Baronius Press is about to release its new edition of the Knox Bible.  This is a very exciting release and I encourage everyone to check out the site they have put up about it.  The Knox translation will be appreciated by those who want a solid version but is more readable than the Challoner-Rheims version.  It can be a little "free" at times, and I often think of it as a traditionalist's NLT.  It is a well respected edition and a lot of folks out there have been waiting for this.

I hope to show it to you on these pages when I can get a copy.

3 comments:

Moonshadow said...

I like what he did with Psalm 119. Oops, I mean Psalm 118! See here - Knox vs. D-R

I'll be sure to get a copy.

kbpipes said...

I will keep my eye on this. It all depends on price, but this looks like it could be the right fit for me. Thanks... I will stay tuned for updates.

owen swain said...

The translation is wonderful. I only wish Baronius had gone with the same format as they did for their DR. The hard boards with absolutely no flex and the absence of stitching make the whole affair feel so much more like a regular book than a bible. Small quibble in light of having this excellent translation readily available again.

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton