Saturday, April 07, 2007

Confirmed.



Its done! I'm finally confirmed! This morning was absolutely wonderful. My parents who are not Catholic were there, along with two of their friends. My sponsor Laura and I arrived at exactly the same time.

When I got there Father said that I needed another witness to be there for my signature on my Profession of Faith so I kindly asked one of the nice church ladies to do it for me.

I was a little nervous at the outset when I came forward to kneel but afterward I gathered my voice box enough to read clearly what I had to. Everything went extremely smooth. Afterwards we were all smiles and my nice church lady witness and another were sitting in the pews too. They both congratulated me and one gave me a rosary to take home. I am extremely humbled by her kind gesture.

But I'm even more excited that God gave me the grace to be able to take and complete this journey into the Church. Tonight I have my first official Holy Communion during the Easter Vigil for which I'm sure I'll be beaming.

8 comments:

bill bannon said...

You will appreciate it more than many cradles do. I'm cradle and have always been thankful for Confirmation which strengthened me to stand up for honesty at work even when it meant possibly getting fired and losing all for awhile.

Chris said...

Welcome Home! Happy Easter!

Alleluia! Alleluia!

J and J said...

Welcome home and happy Catholic birthday! I turned 3 this year. I am blown away by the grace in the Sacraments of the Church, it's truly amazing. I am in a different universe now than I was when I started my Catholic journey, and I'm sure you will be too.
We are kind of like the Borg - you will be converted. We will add your distinciveness to our own. Resistance is futile.
Welcome to the oneness that is only found in the Eucharist.
All the best and may the Lord God bless you and keep you; may the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you; may the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

Joel

J and J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J and J said...

By the way, I read the litany of posts detailing your conversion today and I loved reading the progression. It resembled my own in many ways and we have similar backgrounds as I was a Baptist.
However, I have written a post where I reference your blog and your Profession of Faith in the Tridentine Rite Church you were confirmed in. I have raised a question there and would really appreciate your input. Would you read the post and comment?
www.meandsaintpatrick.blogspot.com

Also, I have put your blog in as a link on the side, but I have no badge for you. Do you have one? Can you link mine on a Convert Blogroll if you have one?

Thanks
In Christ the Risen Lord
Joel

Ian said...

Congratulations!

Christ is risen!

Karen E. said...

Welcome home!

the dĂșnadan said...

Matt,

Very many congratulations!

You have my prayers for a blessed Eastertide.

Malcolm

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton