Welcome to the book review section of the blog.
- RSV-CE (St. Benedict Press)
- RSV-CE2 (Ignatius Press)
- Douay-Rheims Paperback Edition (TAN/St. Benedict Press)
- Large Print Ultrasoft Douay-Rheims Bible (TAN/St. Benedict Press)
- Douay-Rheims Sacramental Bibles (TAN/St. Benedict Press)
- Douay-Rheims and 1962 Missal (Not current editions - Baronius press)
- Ignatius Catholic Study Bible - New Testament - Hardcover (Ignatius Press)
Breviaries & Prayer Books
- Diurnale Romanum (PCP)
- Monastic Matins (Lancelot Andrewes Press)
- Monastic Diurnal (St. Michael's Abbey Press)
- Anglican Breviary: Part 1
- Anglican Breviary: Part 2
- Blessed Be God (PCP)
- The Horologion - 2nd Edition (Sophia Press)
- The Publican's Prayer Book (Sophia Press)
- The Rule of St. Benedict (TAN/St. Benedict Press)
- Catholic Bible Dictionary
- St. Augustine Answers 101 Questions on Prayer - (Sophia Institute Press)
- The Essential Belloc (St. Benedict Press)
- The Man Who Was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton (Dover Thrift Edition)
- Where We Got the Bible - Rev. Henry Graham (TAN Books)
- Spe Salvi - Pope Benedict (USCCB Publishing)
- The Three Marks of Manhood (TAN Books)
- The Judas Syndrome (St. Benedict Press)
- The Divine Office: Strengths and Weaknesses in Each Version
- Top Ten Catholic Books for 2009
- They Don't Make 'Em Like They Used To - Breviary Edition
- Paperclips be gone! - Make Your Own Ribbons!
- I review good Catholic books as a service and a ministry. The greatest compliment to my blog is when I receive comments saying "I purchased a book because of your review and it has helped me greatly." because it means the reader is brought closer to God through my little space here on the internet. The other end of the ministry is that I want to help Catholic publishers and booksellers thrive through better products.
- I do not review bad books. I have limited time, like anyone else, and so books I don't like won't appear here....unless they offend me in a religious or moral sense. In which case the rot will appear so you can avoid the stench.
- However...I strive to be honest in my reviews without being unnecessarily hurtful about the undesirable features of a given book. If I don't like something about the binding or typesetting or content then it will get mentioned.
- I sometimes receive free books from publishers but there is no exchange of money. Everything is on the up and up.
- Any donations I may receive for the blog go for book reviews that are prohibitively expensive either for me to purchase or the publishers to send review copies.
FOR PUBLISHERS AND BOOKSELLERS:
If you would like a title reviewed, please contact me privately at ossian1898 [at] gmail.com. I want your business to succeed because then everyone benefits. Do not send me heresy.