Thursday, May 10, 2007

Attack of the Giant Wolf Spider

This is a recount of this afternoon's Frodo moment.

Today I had to go into our laundry room to get a collar for my dog. I reached for a leash and put it over my shoulder so I could find the collar when I noticed something "flying" around me. I thought it was a bat, so I freaked. When it stopped moving I quickly realized it was not a bat, and not even as big as one, but a large wolf spider. It must have been on the leash when I flung it over my shoulder and caught my eye (and my imagination.)

I got a left over Wonton soup container (tupper ware of choice in these parts) and captured it. After looking at it for a minute and seeing how cool it was I let it go outside in the shade near some rocks. I went in to get my camera but by the time I returned it was gone.

I reckon it was about 2.5 inches in diameter. The picture below I found on the internet but its pretty close.

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton