Monday, May 04, 2009

Have you seen this photo? Many have!

The other night I was watching EWTN's Major Orders of Religious Men with host Fr. Connor of Scranton.  It is a good show, and although the last episode aired on Thursday I believe EWTN is going to be re-running it immediately again.

At the very end of the episode which was split between discussing the Redemptorists and the Passionists, Father was speaking about the Passionists in the United States.  He then went on to mention St. Ann's Basilica.  They showed some pictures and the show ended.  

I thought to myself...wait a second...


I think that was my photo.  Rewind...pause...  I logged onto my blog to see my post on St. Ann's and I scoured all the details of the image between my iPod and TV... just to make sure.  My suspicions were correct!  That's MY photo on EWTN.  How awesome is that?!  

Some people suggested I ask for royalties.  I have no interest in doing that.  I'm happy some photo I took benefitted a great apostolate and those who were able to see it.

This photo fits somewhere between my gas and electric bill.

1 comment:

Moonshadow said...

Awesome!

My husband's Flickr pictures are used on commercial blogs from time to time; he credits meaningful tags for leading searchers straight to his photos.

The common practice seems to be that if they acknowledge the source of the photo, it's fair use. I mean, you aren't a professional photographer who has copyrighted your pictures, right?

It's a beautiful church and a great picture.

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton