Monday, August 24, 2009

A Great Weekend

This past weekend was great. I got to spend time with some good friends that I haven't seen in months. Friday we went to see "District 9" with friends Dan, Manny, and Dave which, despite the perpetual F-bombs and people blowing up all over the place, was surprisingly Pro-Life.

On the way to the movie we saw what looked like the local parish all-night vigil outside of the abortion clinic. I know they protest there all the time. This work bears fruit (see below).

Saturday I went to lunch with old friend, and perhaps oldest friend, Manny, for stirring political conversation. Indian food buffet...is awesome.

I also went to quite a few book stores and picked up some inexpensive entertainment. Shadowplay, the Innocence of Father Brown (Annotated), and a $3 copy of Return of the King.

Dinner was Macaroni Grill with Dan and Katie.

Sunday was Mass at St. Agnes with my lone orthodox Catholic friend (outside of the parish) and fraternity bother Dan. (a different Dan) They mentioned during the announcements that they have 5 men studying for the priesthood. Thats what happens when you are faithful to the the teachings of the Church. I can forgive them for making the congregation sing "Where Charity and Love Prevail" which contains obvious heresy in the final verse. They probably don't know any better, or so I hope! After Mass we went to Panera Bread for lunch. We haven't hung out in almost 2 years so it was a great time. We discussed bogus, or rather most likely bogus, apparitions and faith-healings.

Then...3 hours of Nintendo at Manny's. Awesome. We didn't even know it was 3 hours until I had to leave. This was followed by the best old people haunt in West Chester, Gramm's Kitchen, with Katie for dinner.

And finally on the way home, I listened to the Yankees beat back the Red Sox on XM.

No comments:

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton