Monday, January 04, 2010

Up and Coming

I had "one of those days" today, where the frustration level is high and nothing gets done. Most of it revolved around the new dog. Its adorable as long as it stays calm. Nevertheless, I am working on a few things for the blog here.

First off, I ordered a book today which I will be showing you in the near future and it will make a good addition to the reviews here. It is something we need to take a look at anyway - the Clementine Vulgate/Rheims New Testament by Loreto Press. The book is not a recent printing but its available all over the place.

I've been in contact with Derek from ChurchLatin.com about his reprinting of the original Douay-Rheims Bible. Go over and take a look at his website. He also did a nice write up about the Nova et Vetera Breviary.

I am visiting a Greek-Melkite Monastery for the Epiphany on Wednesday and they have a little gift shop with books, icons, and other items. I'm not going for the books, I'm going for Epiphany and I haven't been this excited for a Mass in a long time. But I do have my eyes on something I hope they carry.

Tonight I will be creating the instructions and taking photos on how to make your own book ribbons for the tomes that really should have them but unfortunately don't.

3 comments:

Christian said...

I enjoy the new look of your blog. I just wanted to thank you for your review of the Ultra Soft Douay Rheims from St. Benedict Press. I got one for Christmas thanks to your review, and discovered a great new publisher in the process. Thanks!

Matt said...

Christian - I'm so glad you appreciated the review enough to purchase a copy! I hope you are pleased with it.

Thanks for the new look props. Happy New Year!

MAX said...

Thanks for the plug!

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton