Thursday, April 01, 2010

The Triduum is Here. How did you do during Lent?

So the Sacred Triduum is here.  How did we all fare?  I think I had a good Lent.  It wasn’t as difficult to stick to my penance as I had thought it would be.  Sure, there were days I slipped from my strict diabetic diet routine.  But they were only because I had nothing else to eat and it would have caused a good bit of difficulty to find something with low or zero carbs.  However I did pretty well and lost a bit of weight.  I’m not going to let this Lenten season go to waste by going back to the way things were before…physically or spiritually.  Yes, praise God, I think my spiritual life has benefitted from this time. 

 

 

1 comment:

Moonshadow said...

How did we all fare?

Do you really want to know?

My haphazard Lenten penance was original: going coatless. It was an easy penance to implement since I get the kids bundled up first, then chase after them as they impatiently head out. I'm lucky to get my shoes on!

So, while the forgetting was automatic, I caught myself muttering about the cold and damp. I had to check that whiny attitude and recall this was my choice, as so many others have no choice. How blessed I am to have a choice, and a few coats in the closet, etc., etc.

Except for this week, I didn't come down with a cold. So the penance wasn't a detrimental, inordinate risk. Hopefully I got some practice in accepting my circumstances whatever they are.

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton