Friday, July 23, 2010

New Book Arrival

The new edition of Blessed Be God arrived today. But the review will have to wait for a couple of reasons. One is that I will be coordinating my review with Maximus Scriptorus, figuring that we can provide different perspectives for readers that will compliment each other. The second is that my copy came with what I believe is a defect and I want to be able to show you a good copy. So I have emailed the publisher and we'll see how we can get it taken care of. My first impressions are that it is perfectly sized, the print is well done (better than the previous printing), and that they used a very nice bonded leather for the cover. But we'll get to all that in due time.

3 comments:

The Fellow said...

Hi! Long-time reader, first-time commenter here; I, too, got my copy on Friday. Such a beauty! Shame yours had a defect, but I'm sure the good folks at PCP will make it better :) So glad I held off on the old hardcover, it was such a temptation at the National Bassiilca's bookstore back in April!

Matt said...

"Hi! Long-time reader, first-time commenter here"

Haha! Great comment! First of many?

I'm sure pcp will be good to me.

The Fellow said...

Hopefully the first of many more thoughtfully-spelled comments (looks like I downright butchered "Basilica" up there, what with my proofing skills nonexistent in the wee hours of the morning).

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton