Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Dear Iowa and Other States That Matter

To my fellow republicans in states that matter:  Please do not force me to vote for Mitt Romney.  It will make me cringe if I have to pull the lever for that guy.  He reminds me too much of John Kerry.  He is very smooth and polished but I worry when it rains that his hair will form cracks and break apart.  In order to get Obama out I will do the deed but please don't make me.

I would enjoy voting for Gingrich a great deal if it means getting to see him pown Obama in a debate.  He is a convert to the faith as am I and frankly his past sins are not a concern to me.  

Bachmann is the real deal, better than Romney, and I would be ok voting for her as well..  I don't think her "attacks" have been all that honest, however.  She loves her talking points too much at times.

The only guy who at the end of the day would allow me to vote with a clear conscience, the guy who I know would always do the right thing (or at least try to) is Rick Santorum.  Voting for him would actually make me feel good.  I am convinced he is the best man in the field.  He is a true Catholic gentleman and I believe he will govern according to his well formed conscience.  I am not sure he can win because he might be too much of a boy scout.  We can always hope.

I have heard some folks say that Romney is the only one who can win.  Hogwash.  I think he could lose big time because he is so incredibly uninspiring.

4 comments:

James said...

Matt, any thoughts on who the VP nominees will be? I'm betting Romney will choose Chris Christie. I think Obama will throw the Hail Mary pass by dumping Biden and picking Hillary Clinton as his VP nominee.

Matt said...

I have no idea who would be a good choice. If Romney (I hope not) gets the nomination he would probably be urged to pick someone with a personality to balance out his lack thereof.

Christie might be that person, though I think many pro-family folks would cringe.

Except for that RINO liberal guy who is also in the debates, Romney is my last choice. I was Rick S, Newt, Michelle, Rick P, Paul, and then Romney - in that order.

Archpriest John Morris said...

Newt's comments on the Palestinian people, many of whom are Greek Orthodox or Roman Catholic, excludes him from serious consideration for the office of President. It is not in our national interest to continue to give unconditional support to Israel. The leaders of the Orthodox Church and the Pope have spoken quite clearly in favor of the legitimate desire of the Palestinian people for national self-determination. Gingrich's statement that the Palestinians are an "invented people" is therefore contrary to the official positions of both my Church, the Orthodox Church, and the Roman Catholic Church

Archpriest John W. Morris

cathartic writing said...

I agree with most of what you have to say.
I would certainly like to see Newt Gingrich be given the opportunity to do the things that he says he will do if elected. I also realize that his past will not be so easily for given by most.
This causes me to question whether I can vote for Gingrich or not.
I have a lot of questions about our society and country that I have been writing about on my blog. I invite you to see if we might not be of a like mind in many regards.
My blog is: http://justsomethinkingoutloud.blogspot.com/ please feel free to visit.

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton