Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ever thought of this?

Are you someone who would like a traditional latin mass in your area, perhaps even a personal parish, but think “that’ll never happen?”  Well there is something you can do to make a difference and all it costs is a postage stamp and a little prayer time during the day.  What might that be?

 

Join the Confraternity of St. Peter.  

 

But you say “I don’t have an FSSP parish in my area, isn’t that only for people who do?”  No, its not!  It is for anyone who wishes to support the charism of the FSSP and its mission.  By joining you support vocations as well!  Perhaps one day a vocation could be realized through your prayers and that priest could come to your diocese or area.  Wouldn’t that be something? 

 

I was reminded of this thought because today I received my Confraternity newsletter in the mail.  Please consider joining.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

What an excellent idea! Thank you.

I would love to have the FSSP in the Archdiocese of Boston. :-)

Matt said...

hi lynne - I'm glad you think it's a good idea. Join! And get all of your fellow TLM attendees in Boston to do so as well. Imagine the fruits of prayer a parish sized confraternity group could bear!

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton