Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wouldn't you know...

How this bit of history evaded me knowledge I don't know. My interest in Alaska began before Sarah Palin was on the GOP ticket continues. Her elevation to the VP nomination has prolonged my interest.

Did you know the Japanese invaded Alaska and 4000 of our men died? I was looking at a map of Alaska earlier today and thought, "Hey, whats that last island out there." I went to Google to find a picture and wouldn't you know say it ain't so Joe there was an invasion by the Japanese in 1942! Here's a YouTube video:

2 comments:

Marquis said...

The Attu story was very interesting. Thank you for sharing it.

Peace

Matt said...

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you appreciated my "find". I honestly think I'm going to buy the PBS documentary.

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton