Wednesday, February 24, 2010

iPieta - Haydock and Cantena Aurea

Just a quick note. If you have an iPhone, I highly suggest downloading the iPieta app. I have been using it for a while now but recently it was updated to include the Haydock Bible Commentary and parts of the Cantena Aurea. Needless to say, this is a tremendous addition to any Catholic iPhone user.

For the record, it also has nearly everything else a Catholic might need/want: seemingly endless lists of prayers, Church Father writings, ALL of the Church Councils, the ENTIRE Summa, Latin/English Bibles that can even go side-by-side, traditional and novus ordo calendars...and the list goes on and on.

Price $2.99 for an entire Catholic library. Its incredible.

3 comments:

MAX said...

Thanks for this recommendation. It is truly an awesome app. Easy to use and tons of info that is right with you all of the time. Rather than searching the web for the info and relying on a good signal, all of the information is instantly accessible. The traditional calendar is great, too.

PaxCarmel said...

I've been using ipieta for over three months now, every day. It never ceases to amaze me. Among other things, It contains the texts of all the Carmelite works I am required to study during my formation period as a secular carmelite. What an incredible, valuable app! I tell everyone if it were the only app out there its worth the cost of the device.
Btw, I love your blog! Your bible reviews have been so helpful to me. Thanks!

kbpipes said...

Yes thank you! I love this app. I have downloaded it and sent emails to my friends who might be interested.

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton