Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

On Sunday my parish had a St. Patrick's Day party. We've never had one before but our new pastor is from Ireland so the parish had a great deal of fun with it. We had "Irish (American)" food, singing, performing acts, and a visit from our former Bishop Timlin who mingled with the folks and gave his blessing. "I never miss a party," he said. It was a great boost for the congregation to have him there and we were all very grateful.

I figure I am about 1/3 Irish. My father is 1/2 Irish and 1/2 German. My mom is part English, part Irish, and part Welsh. On my mom's side we've traced the tree back 800 years with extensive research. (without Ancestry.com...this was done in the 90s) The last person on the tree has no last name - so that was the end.

Btw, I believe the Breastplate of St. Patrick makes for a good morning prayer. A healthy devotion to St. Patrick would be a nice gift right now for the suffering Church in Ireland. Just a thought.

Happy St. Patrick's Day.


1 comment:

順其自然的嚕 said...

您的blog蠻不錯的耶,祝你快樂哦!期待您的更新!........................................

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton