We will be singing some traditional Christmas hymns, a special Responsorial Psalm from the Chabanel Psalms project, a special Gloria picked out by the pastor, Puer Nobis Nascitur from the Secunda book (that is a traditional 3 part treble choir book) for the Offertory, the Communion Antiphon In Splendoribus from the Graduale Romanum (modern notation...for now), and a rendition of Silent Night for Communion.
Last Saturday (vigil mass) I had them sing for Communion as a trial run. They sang Creator Alme Siderum, which is the "traditional" Vespers hymn for the Advent season. They did great!
On top of everything else they presented me with a Christmas gift last night as an appreciation, which I did not expect. The Priest's new album Harmony is importing into my Mac as I type this.
2 comments:
Matt,
best wishes on you choir and have a merry Christmas!
Have a fun time!
I know, having formed a men's schola, that contributing good, traditional music can not only be fun, but therapeutic. As a layman, you are limited in how you can help beautify the liturgy. This is one very good way, as you've probably already figured out.
Post a Comment