Should I brine or not? Anyone else have any experiences with making it easier?
I put up a poll on the right. It ends tomorrow since I have to make the call quickly.
Update:
The Turkey shall be brined! Salt, Brown Sugar, AllSpice Berries, Black Peppercorns, Candied Ginger, Vegetable and Turkey Stock are be my ingredients!
It makes the house smell awesome btw.
4 comments:
We've brined the last five or so years and enjoy the texture and flavor.
Lately, however, cooking magazines have argued against brining because the pan gravy is too salty. I can see that being true but I just don't add any salt.
We just put the turkey in a large stock pot and fill with cold water and kosher salt. Then dry it out on a tray. All in the fridge, of course. The weather won't be cold enough for any outdoor storage, unfortunately.
we've brined the past two years. I think we use a citrus brine (there's a recipe on allrecipes.com if you want to check). Very interested in this "7 lies" book, thanks for letting me know about it.
Matt, that sounds yummy...is it like a salt marinade? lol
laf. something like that.
Post a Comment